Tuesday, December 05, 2006

The Opposite of Mike Buys


The official snack food seller for Mikes everywhere, or ought to be, Mike-sells. They are the best potato chips in the world, according to people who do random surveys of potato-chip eating: http://www.taquitos.net/snacks.php?snack_code=452

Here is the perfect antidote to that Christmas pressure to buy presents for everyone else. Buy something you can consume yourself. Let them get their own bag. [Or t-shirt or whatever.]

If you like popcorn, but not the part that gets stuck in your teeth, try the Mike-Sells Puffcorn Delites. Or if you are on a diet, you can just read a little about the history of the potato chip:

http://www.mike-sells.com/history/

Or play the games they have provided at their website.

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

And I thought WE were wasting OUR time blogging about being Mikes! I checked out the link to the MikeSells chips and learned that 973 people have left review-comments about the chips.

9:37 AM  
Blogger MikeP said...

Wasting our time! Indeed, all we have is time and the need to fill it.

Isn't that the existential dilemma of blogs anyway? They serve no purpose other than to show ourselves that we exist? We have to make a purpose for them after they come into existence, and not the other way around.

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a Frito lay person myself, my son in law is a Frito man....and I have to stand behind him......

You stopped by my sight "memories are made of this" and mentioned that you use to work for Kilgus meat market.....My dad when he was alive was probably the biggest spender their.....for he bought meat to take to Fremont & Tiffin, for all his brothers....Bill Kilgus came to my wedding, and furnished the food for the reception.....a great man....and the hot veal loaf was the very best, I still can taste it....my dad use to stop by Kilgus, pick some veal loaf up and stop by my house, after I was married, and share it with my hubby and me.... boy you brought back another memory for me......thanks....and thanks for stopping by......

11:19 AM  
Blogger MikeP said...

Hi Judy:

Bill Kilgus--he was quite a guy!So completely German. He used to tell me what it was like to work in the butcher shops in Germany. It was a dawn to dusk job with hardly any time for anything else.

Well that completely sold me on not working at Kilgus for the rest of my life!

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home