Friday, January 19, 2007

Birthday Mike


We have a birthday on the MIKE COMMITTEE!
I baked you a virtual cake. Enjoy!

This Mike shares his birthday with another Mike--Michael Crawford of Phantom of the Opera fame, AND:
  • Writers Edgar Allen Poe and John LeCarre
  • the Islamic prophet, Mohammed, born way back in 570AD
  • James Watt, inventor of the steam engine,
  • Comedians Paul Rodriguez, Ish Kabibble,Chris Kattan
  • Jean Stapelton and Jeanne Kilpatrick,
  • Actors Tippi Hendren, Katey Sagal, Desi Arnez Jr., Alyssa Milano, Jake Gyllenhaal
  • Musicians: Dolly Parton and Robert Palmer
  • Artist Thomas Kinkaide, painter of light.
The Mike committee located two poems on the subject of birthdays; however, neither really expressed the spirit of this special day. I just didn't think this Mike would appreciate the poem, "On his 75th birthday..." The ending is kind of, oh, final.

So, I turn to the poetry of the masses, the punk-pop song "Happy Birthday" performed by Altered Images way back in the glorious 1980s, when you were a lot younger than you are now.

Happy birthday! Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday ! Happy Birthday!
If they were me, if they were me,
and I were you. and I were you.
If you were me and I were you I'd have a happy birthday, a happy birthday.

5 Comments:

Blogger MikeP said...

Happy birthday Michelle! Of course, now everyone knows my password, so I will have to come up with a new one. Pet's name?

12:19 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

As I noted in an e-mail...You should not use your birthdate as a password. And it is not like this was a major securtiy breech-I didn't reveal the year because even I, the wise blogger, did not know it, though I could guess...especially since I know you were a hippy in the sixties.

5:43 AM  
Blogger MikeP said...

I need to work on getting the tone thing across in my blog entries. I hoped it would be obvious that I would never use a b-date as a password.

Anyway, I blogged somewhere else that I am setting up an aquarium. Should I name all the fish Michael?

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wuheyyyyyy!!!

Happy Birthday!

I hope, as I'm typing this, that you are NOT on the computer, but having a lovely birthday...hic...drinkie. Or dozen.

3:48 PM  
Blogger MikeP said...

Thanks Andraste.

Yes, I do enjoy a nice bottle of wine as a b-day treat. Plus tickets to Phantom of the Opera.

6:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home